Chicago Pneumatic Backfill Tampers quickly and effectively compact soil around foundations and other structures and are indispensable for compacting backfill in trenches.
The CP 0003 is well equipped to handle light to medium applications while the CP 0004RV is ideal for heavier jobs.
- Maximum power—slow, powerful blows efficiently and quickly compact all types of backfill, including clay and soils containing high percentages of finely crushed or powdered material
- Heat-treated cylinder and chrome plated piston significantly extend tool life
- Adjustable packing maintains a positive air seal
- Exhaust deflector directs air, moisture and oil away from operator
- Well-balanced, smooth-operating tool is easily guided by one person
The Chicago Pneumatic CP 0035 is ideal for cleaning and roughing concrete and construction joints. It can also be used to produce ornamental or contrasting finishes on building structures.
The pogo stick or powder puff are other common names for the tampers, with air consumption at 90 psi: 38.5 cfm.